Resident and Fellow Leadership Liaison Program
Young physician members are the future of the association and the AANEM makes certain their needs and interests are heard at the top level of the organization. This unique leadership development program gives selected liaisons an opportunity to provide assistance and insight into new strategies and initiatives that meet young physicians' needs through participation at the AANEM Board of Directors and designated committee meetings.
The AANEM selects two members in a residency or fellowship program to serve 1.5 years as Resident & Fellow Member Leadership Liaisons. One physiatry and one neurology member will be selected to serve. The Resident & Fellow Member Leadership Liaisons attend the fall, winter, and spring Board of Directors meetings and attend assigned committee meetings as needed to provide input on issues related to resident and fellow members.
Only AANEM members in good standing are eligible to apply or be nominated. Resident and fellow member applicants must be in their third or fourth year of a neuromuscular, neurology, or physiatry residency or fellowship program as of October 2020. The term will begin in conjunction with the 2020 AANEM Annual Meeting and end after the 2022 Board of Directors meeting.
The Liaisons are required to attend the following meetings as part of their Liaison responsibilities:
- AANEM Board of Directors Meeting and AANEM Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL (October 6-10, 2020)
- AANEM Board of Directors Meeting in Minneapolis, MN (Jan/Feb 2021)
- AANEM Board of Director Meeting in Chicago (spring 2021)
- AANEM Board of Directors Meeting and Annual Meeting in Aurora, CO (September 12-16, 2021)
- AANEM Board of Directors Meeting (spring 2022)
Meeting-related Expenses Paid by the AANEM
The selected Liaisons will have the following meeting and participation expenses paid by the AANEM:
- Airfare to meeting destinations
- Hotel accommodations
- Up to $80 per diem depending on meals supplied
- AANEM Annual Meeting registration fee
Eligible candidates may apply or be nominated to serve a 1.5-year term in the role as a Resident & Fellow Member Leadership Liaison. Nominations may be made by any AANEM member.
Application or nomination must include the following:
- 500 word (maximum) personal statement of interest, qualifications, and leadership skills
- Copy of applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation from Training Program Director
All applications and nominations will be reviewed by the AANEM Marketing & Membership Committee and a recommendation presented to the AANEM President for final selection. If the member nominated is from the President's institution, the President Elect will make the final determination.
Applications and nominations will be accepted January 2, 2020 through March 31, 2020.
Download and fill out the application
and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resident and Fellow Leadership Liaisons
Rocio Vazquez Do Campo, MD (Neurology)
Julia Reilly, MD (PM&R)
Ning Sarah Yang, MD (Neurology)
Megan Clark, MD (PM&R)
Lisa Williams, MD (PM&R)
Ryan Jacobson, MD (Neurology)
Sarah Berini, MD (Neurology)
Alexandra Ilkevitch (PM&R)
Monique Diaz, MD (PM&R)
Sean Burke, MD (Neurology)