Work at AANEM
Join the AANEM Staff Team
The AANEM staff team ensures the association achieves its mission by working on projects important to its members, including:
- Educational offerings, such as conferences, webinars, books, and other products.
- Professional standards programs, including laboratory accreditation and personal certifications.
- Policy initiatives that range from setting best practice standards to advocating with third parties.
- Communications and awareness building that incorporates print, web, and social media.
- External relationship-building, including corporations, government agencies, and associations.
AANEM offers 100% paid employee health, long-term disability, and life insurance; a matching retirement savings program; flexible spending programs; a health savings account; vacation, holiday, and sick time; and flexible work schedules.
Are You Looking For...?
Always Be Your Best Human
· Assume good intentions
· Listen without judging
· Remember that everyone makes mistakes, help fix them and move on
· Help each other by teaching and showing—not judging or blaming
Own Change/Failing is OK
· Do more than check the box - think about improvement
· Bring solutions and don’t wait to be asked to do something that is needed
· Embrace Change & Be comfortable with occasional chaos and uncertainty
· Don’t be afraid to take risks and have failures
TOR2CH Cultural Values
AANEM staff identified and deployed six workplace cultural values, called TOR2CH. Employees agree to uphold these six values on the job with one another and in interactions with others served by the AANEM.
- Trust – We are confident in and rely on others’ character and strengths.
- Openness – We are approachable and receptive to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Respect – We value and appreciate others’ unique skills, talents, and opinions.
- Responsibility – We are accountable for our work and actions.
- Collaboration – We willingly partner with others to achieve the AANEM mission.
- Honesty – We are truthful, straightforward, and fair.
Strive to be Awesome
· Go above and beyond what's expected
· Strive to make a memorable impact
· Make exceptions to policies to provide awesome customer service
· Demand more from yourself than you do from others
· Focus on how to move the organization forward together
· Trust each other to manage their time and responsibilities
· Strive to create opportunities for our members to interact and have fun
· We Care about each other
· We Cover for each other when life gets messy
· Everyone’s ideas are considered
· Celebrate Together